[Evangelism] PyCon Japan 2012 and Plone

Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
Tue May 22 21:06:07 UTC 2012

Could it also be that Plone has been marketed as "Plone v1, v2, v3, v4" for 10 years and that has very little appeal?

As a marketing-driven company, Apple understood this phenomenon very well and, instead, rolled out "Tiger", "Leopard", "Snow Leopard", "Lion"... unveiling each version as a totally new product. This allowed them to leverage totally different marketing campaigns and keep the public interested.

Can we orchestrate a grand new product launch for Plone 5 under a different marketing name (but keep the Plone name as the umbrella brand)?

Gabrielle
--
Six Feet Up, Inc. | Where sophisticated web projects thrive
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x601
Email: gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
Try Plone 4 Today at: http://plone4demo.com