[Evangelism] PyCon Japan 2012 and Plone

Érico Andrei erico at simplesconsultoria.com.br
Tue May 22 08:51:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

    As the previous organizer of PythonBrasil (Brazil's Pycon) I have some
insights to share :-)

    First, Plone is not the newest shinny thing so people tend to overlook
it or even ignore it when selecting talks. Right now it seems we are living
in a Django-centric world (when it comes to web apps) and it is hard to
fight it.

    So, in order to have success in landing Plone talks in local PyCon's
I'd suggest you talk about what Plone can do without mentioning Plone in
talk's title (That's how I landed Plone talks on EuroPython, PyCon
Argentina and in previous editions of PythonBrasil). Success cases are
great but even better is to really show Plone in action -- a demo showing
Dexterity + FormGen + plone.app.workfloweditor is a sure way to get some
love from developers and their managers.

Best,
Érico Andrei
erico at simplesconsultoria.com.br
Simples Consultoria