[Evangelism] Page based CMS

ctxlken ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
Wed Dec 12 23:46:18 UTC 2012

When the 'Drupal guy' asked, it might have been more a matter of him
getting a feel for whether Plone is a 'real CMS' that handles structured
content types with custom metadata well, or is just more of a 'basic web
publishing' tool, as Wordpress at least started out as, and some other
tools continue to be (have a main 'Page' content type, folders, files,
images, but not really much in the way of custom types that each have
different properties beyond the typical Dublin Core fields (Title, Desc,
Subject, Creation/Eff/Eff dates, etc.)

That would have been my impression, anyhow.  And coming from that angle,
IMHO, I don't think it's a real good marketing strategy for Plone to be
touted as 'page-based'.  That would make it sound simple, yet less
capable to me (e.g., Wordpress, et al.)

-Ken

--
Ken Wasetis