[Evangelism] Looking for talking points comparing Plone vs. Wordpress

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Dec 11 17:28:33 UTC 2012

A point to keep in mind about the "more people know PHP" point.

A few years ago, I was at a symposium for advocacy organizations, and the
lead Drupal speaker made just that point (PHP coders are cheap and
plentiful!). However, at a Drupal-specific panel later in the day, he said
that if you needed customization, you should never hire anyone with less
than three years full-time programming with Drupal. He termed PHP
experience outside Drupal "worthless" since they wouldn't know the Drupal
way, and wouldn't be able to write safe code.