[Evangelism] Plone vs Joomla vs Wordpress

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Aug 29 00:18:04 UTC 2012

On 29/08/2012, at 1:30 AM, Chris Calloway wrote:

> On 8/27/2012 9:59 PM, Dylan Jay wrote:
>> btw, to other plone devs on this list. We haven't made much
>> progress on
>> plonefactory in the last year. It's a gevent based pyramid app. Would
>> anyone be interested in helping finish it off if we open sourced it?
>
> Ref this thread:
>
> http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/plone-evangelism/2011-May/002292.html
>
> Is it better to have an app that makes images on popular clouds, or
> simply have public images available on popular clouds?

Possibly.
One downside is that many popular cloud providers don't provide user
contributed public images e.g. rackspace (unless something has changed
recently). libcloud on the other hand gives you access to a large
range of hosting providers.
I think choice of hosting provider gives people a sense of security.