[Evangelism] virtual appliances for Plone evaluation

T. Kim Nguyen nguyen at uwosh.edu
Thu May 26 14:39:51 UTC 2011

Thanks for the context, Ken (hmm, that would be a good name for a company... ;) )

Philip, I did not know about the live CD.  That too should probably be pointed to from plone.org.  How frequently is it maintained?  Looks like Plone 4.0 is up there but is that with the hotfix?

That's one of the concerns I have about embarking on this route... we will have to be organized to ensure that our appliances and live CDs are up to date with new Plone and operating system versions.

As Ken says, the download section or perhaps a separate "eval" section that includes links to the downloads, the appliances, the live CD, and associated first-timer/evaluation tutorial(s).

I'm willing to start putting something together: a mock up or a separate page somewhere (PloneEdu would be willing to set it up on its site initially).

	Kim