[Evangelism] New presentation. Plone: the CMS that hits above it's weight

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sat Jul 16 14:56:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

I gave this presentation to the Australian Computer Sociaty last week
that seemed to get a good response.

http://www.slideshare.net/djay/plone-the-cms-that-hits-above-its-weight
If you download the presentation you can see my notes which might be
needed for it to make more sense.

It's meant as an introduction to Plone. Feel free to use it or expand
on it.
I took a new way at explaining Plone. I told a story of how Plone is
used by some of the largest organisations but many might not have
heard of it. I used stats to show it's less popular with smaller sites
and explained this with the lack of easy hosting options. I hightailed
security and the increase in innovations and also Ploud. I thought it
worked quiet well.

My 2c, I think Plone has the opportunity to position itself as the
fast, flexible, "cleaner to develop", innovative alternative CMS. An
underdog. I'm not sure how we could break from peoples perceptions of
Plone from the past however. Maybe the marketing experts have some
ideas?

---
Dylan Jay
Technical Solutions Manager
PretaWeb: reducing duplication in the government web.
P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/djay75 | linkedin.com/
in/djay75