[Evangelism] Bad result for Plone at Europython

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 22:45:21 UTC 2011

> Indeed, great mail Matt.
>
> I've a similar feeling on other free software conventions and sometimes
> i think that, as a floss project evolves and matures it has to move from
> python/floss conventions to business one or those oriented to simply
> mortals and not for geek.

That is good timing... we were just discussing exactly that, here in
Sorrento about 5 minutes ago. We even discussed examples of particularly
'exciting' Plone technologies, such as Diazo... which even then would
probabaly not be exciting to europython-type conferences ('XSLT? what's
new?... that has existed for a decade already'). However if you were to
show the power of it to a business conference, or a general web
developer/designer conference, then it would be exciting as it puts this
technology within the reach of these mere mortals.

-Matt