[Evangelism] noted: python.reddit.com sent me quite a bit of traffic

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:24:43 UTC 2010

Just wanted to close the loop here with some stats:

I saw that Alex submitted my "Plone 4 is three times faster..."
article to http://python.reddit.com.  (Thanks, Alex!)

Of the 893 visits that the page got yesterday, it appears (from Google
Analytics) that 229 referred by reddit.com.  That's considerably more
than came from twitter.com (97, although that almost certainly doesn't
include those who came via non-web twitter clients), or Facebook (54).

My conclusion: it's worth the effort to post "hot" Plone-related news
items or blog posts to python.reddit.com, if we want them to reach an
audience of interested pythonistas.

best,
jon