[Evangelism] announcements re: testing alphas, betas and release candidates of Plone 4

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 16:44:24 UTC 2010

Israel Saeta Pérez wrote:

> http://plone.org/news/plone-4-alpha-3-released-please-help-testing

Thanks!

Additional thoughts for a future announcement/news item re testing towards
4.0:

1 .Draw attention to
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/upgrading-plone-3-x-to-4.0
Upgrading Plone 3.x to 4.0

2. Reading established  http://plone.org/documentation/error Error
References  (some of which relate to common issues with add-ons) alongside
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/upgrading-plone-3-x-to-4.0/updating-add-on-products-for-plone-4.0
Updating add-on products for Plone 4.0 , it would be nice to end up with:

 * some way to easily identify what's outdated within an add-on.

(I guess that identification will be easier wherever there is a meaningful
error message.)

3. Encourage people to test not only with add-ons, but also with the other
non-core things (such as XDV) shown in
<http://dist.martinaspeli.net/Plone%204%20architecture%20v0.1.pdf>.

----

Not necessarily for a news item, but for anyone who wants it:
<http://tinyurl.com/plone-trac-4-0-recent-all> redirects to a simple list of
all 4.0 tickets, sorted by ticket number. I use this type of list whenever I
expect things to become busy.

Regards
Graham