[Evangelism] Re: Announcing WPD 2010 Date

Roberto Allende rover at menttes.com
Sat Sep 19 02:05:40 UTC 2009

Hello

>> We have several ideas but made no decision yet: a free website for a
>> NGO, for the municipality or a special focus as 'Intranets with Plone'.

Great idea!... i started to consider it seriously for our local edition.
wpd2010 moves forward, great, great.

>> Another idea was to show the audience the way we develop and improve
>> Plone with sprints and to have some kind of national or international
>> sprint during the WPD over IRC while the sprinters sit in a
>> neighboring room to the room where we held the talks. So we could show
>> the audience how we work, how new users can join the community, how
>> they can report a bug or make a feature request, we can give them a
>> real open source experience. We could even make live transmissions
>> from different locations via Skype to show the audience that Plone is
>> used all over the world.

If i'm not wrong, last year Dylan Jay suggested something like that and
i argued against this idea. After reading your mail and thinking about
it again, i believe, i made a mistake.

World Plone Day is about promoting plone and as Jon Stahl told me once
'We're all figuring it out [how to do it] as we go.'(*) so, if you
believe that could work out, you should *Just do it*.

Organizing a sprint requires extra work, for example contacting core
developers or convincing the plone-tuneup-dream-team joining us,
managing tasks, code and i believe all these tasks are out of my
possibilities, i believe we could start moving forward defining a
champion for it.

 >> What do you think about this?

Yes, what do you think ? :D

Kind Regards
r.

--
http://robertoallende.com

(*) the sentence is out of the original scope, anyway, I personally
proved it works on other scopes as well :D