[Evangelism] Announcing WPD 2010 Date

Jan Ulrich Hasecke juhasecke at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:22:53 UTC 2009

Am 01.09.2009 um 13:09 schrieb Roberto Allende:

> Hello
>
> Thanks to all the peope who filled the survey we can announce the
> date for 2010 edition:
>
> April 28th 2010

On our annual conference in Germany we discussed the motto for the
next World Plone Day. This year the local groups made a website for a
local school for free during the World Plone Day. They started in the
morning and presented the outcome in the afternoon. This was a great
success in the press, so we want to have a similar motto next year.

We have several ideas but made no decision yet: a free website for a
NGO, for the municipality or a special focus as 'Intranets with Plone'.

Another idea was to show the audience the way we develop and improve
Plone with sprints and to have some kind of national or international
sprint during the WPD over IRC while the sprinters sit in a
neighboring room to the room where we held the talks. So we could show
the audience how we work, how new users can join the community, how
they can report a bug or make a feature request, we can give them a
real open source experience. We could even make live transmissions
from different locations via Skype to show the audience that Plone is
used all over the world.

What do you think about this?

Cheers!
Jan Ulrich Hasecke