[Evangelism] Hack Plone! Win a Mac!

Norman Fournier norman at normanfournier.com
Thu Nov 26 15:09:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

Worst case scenario. What if we are wrong?

Some smart punk hacks the plone and posts the hack or hints somewhere. How many Macs can we afford to give away? How long can we afford to pay lawyers to fight spurious claims in court?

A risk analysis should be air-tight before any contest is publicized. Even the smallest give-aways are fraught with legal complications which is why contest legal copy takes so much space on an entry form.

For me, I am not liking this idea at all. I think there may be more positive ways for plone to get this message across without exposing the software to a million punk hackers with a goad like both Screw Plone and Win a Mac at the same time!

My $.02.

Norman