[Evangelism] Plone Messaging

JoAnna Springsteen jluvsu2 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:03:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM, ctxlken <ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com> wrote:

> One suggestion that might help (if it's not already being done)... for those that are most intimate with the docs and with where we're coming up short, I think it'd be great to log this as a defect/bug in the Plone issue tracker.&nbsp; Then, on 'bug Fridays', we can attack these bugs along with the code issues. Ken

May docs we know we need are already in the tracker, under the
documentation component. Others editors have indicated in their
assessments which are linked to from the doc wiki. It's up to editors
to assign the work.  We have been working on these documents during
Tune-Up days already.
Again, it all boils down to not having enough resources. For whatever
reason, people don't like to document.
Personally, I subscribe to the belief that the code isn't done until
it's documented. If we really want to solve our documentation problem,
developers have to start contributing documentation for every bit of
code they write. Since most developers see this as asking too much, I
doubt we'll ever truly solve our documentation issues.

J.