[Evangelism] Re: tuneup marketing sprint

Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
Mon May 11 03:40:01 UTC 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 11:28 PM, Christopher Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker <gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
> > wrote:
>
> As a reminder, we have scheduled a short conference call to coordinate
> our upcoming Friday Marketing Tune-Up work on WEDNESDAY, MAY 13TH at
> NOON EDT.
>
> Chris, do you think you can make the pre Tune-Up call to elaborate on
> the Plone-salesforce.com work you want to do, and how it relates to
> promoting Plone in general?
>
> Uhh...I have an auto-added event on Thursday, and I thought that's
> when the meeting was. Wed. is my 10 yr anniversary with Tirza and
> I'm not scheduling any meetings :).
>
> Basic idea is that:
> - in nonprofit space (but beyond that too), Plone+salesforce.com is
> a killer app and has the chance to build awareness about Plone
> (since we're the only ones with this kind of integration). It's
> basically Act Now or Be Obsolete (ie when Joomla and Drupal catch
> up, we won't get the attention). So the window is probably less than
> a year to really get the word out there.
> - salesforce.com is a good complement to the things Plone doesn't do
> well (ie relational db work and email communications, etc)
> - nonprofits can get salesforce.com for free, which makes it very
> compelling, and since salesforce.com has such brand visibility, it
> could help us to be associated (and boosted by their efforts).
>
> I'm happy to meet with anyone on Thurs who wants to talk about the
> salesforce.com marketing initiative.

GHP: I apologize for the confusion. There won't be any more Thursday
Marketing calls. Instead, we will follow the Plone Tune-Up schedule
and have a brief phone call a few days prior to coordinate the
Marketing Tune Up effort. Therefore the next call is on WEDNESDAY, MAY
13th at NOON EDT.

Chris, I am sorry you can't attend on Wednesday. We'll discuss your
proposed marketing work around Plone+salesforce and get back to you.
Talk to you on Friday 15th, though!