[Evangelism] promoting WPD

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Wed Mar 11 19:00:02 UTC 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> There have also been some monumental Plone and Zope project failures
> and unmet expectations due to Plone over-marketing in my neck of the
> woods that have given Plone a bad name in many quarters around where
> I live. It's very hard to market Plone here to anyone who knows what
> content management is because they have X number of Plone horror
> stories to draw upon already as their main knowledge of what content
> management is.

I'd be interested in hearing as many of these stories as possible so
we can help others not make the same mistakes.  I bet that rarely
Plone was the issue, but the people involved in the project just
didn't know what power they really had.  I could be wrong and would
still love to leverage this info if possible.

Cal

--
S i x  F e e t  U p ,  I n c .  |  http://www.sixfeetup.com
Phone: +1 (317) 861-5948 x602
calvin at sixfeetup.com
ANNOUNCING the first Plone Immersive Training Experience | Sept.
10-11-12, 2009
http://sixfeetup.com/immerse