[Evangelism] promoting WPD

Jan Ulrich Hasecke juhasecke at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:58:08 UTC 2009

Hi Roberto,

Am 11.03.2009 um 14:49 schrieb Roberto Allende:
> Then... considering what the communication people say, do you think
> that if we use Content Management Event or Day, instead of Plone
> could be better in terms of communication ?.

> Do you have any other suggestion instead ?, i repeat, the goal is to
> use a title that someone who doesn't know what Plone is, can get an
> idea about what the event is.
>
> I'm asking and considering this to make the experiment at a local
> level. This is not a proposal to change the name.

I won't change the name to indicate that this is a Plone event. I
don't like to camouflage this.

But in Germany we are going to have a motto for our WPDs  "Wir bringen
Schulen ans Netz" what means that we are planning to make a school
website during the WPD for one school in each town. At the end of the
day the result is presented to the audience. This idea came up to have
a broader audience but I think that a motto might help to clarify what
you are going to de.

juh
http://muenchen.worldploneday.de