[Evangelism] Plone elevator pitches

Karl Horak KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 4 04:31:37 UTC 2009

Jordan,

I've recently had several short interactions that called for highly crafted
elevator pitches.  One was to a senior corporate web staffer, another was to
my level one manager, and the last was to a senior manager.  Each needed an
answer to a different question.

Corp. Web staff:  How well has Plone been serving you and your customers
over the last four years?

Direct Reporting Manager:  Web sites are a dime a dozen these days.  What
makes this Plone thing different?  How can we turn this capability into new
projects and departmental growth?

Senior Manager:  Why should we be using these Web 2.0 technologies at all?

As you can see, some people grok the Web and others don't.  Some see $$,
others don't.  Getting the context right for a reply is almost as important
as the elevator pitch itself.

To be continued...

Karl