[Evangelism] Plone Certification

Karl Horak KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Sat Jan 3 04:21:00 UTC 2009

As a result of some poking around in  http://www.cmsmatrix.org/ CMS Matrix ,
it  http://plonemetrics.blogspot.com/2009/01/cms-matrix-part-three.html
appeared to me  that a Plone certification program overseen by the
Foundation might be of value.

Googling for "plone certification" over the past year turned up 14,200
results including Ofer Weisglass's early inquiry into the matter and a
http://plone.org/foundation/meetings/minutes/minutes-april-3-2008-1/ 3 April
Board decision  to unanimously deny a combined use of Plone trademarks for a
technical certification exam and promotion of a proposed documentary.

I realize that often certifications are looked down upon by the OS community
or, worse, used as a tool to merely "check the box" by unscrupulous
consultants.  Also, there are numerous alternative certifications out there
that cover much of the ground that a Certified Plone Professional would have
without the effort of managing such a program ourselves.

(Happily, I see that the
http://www.iai.hm.edu/how-to-implement-ifc/certification Implementer Support
Group  for the International Alliance for Interoperability certification
program uses Plone for its site.)

Your thoughts, please.