[Evangelism] plone awards and plone.net

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Fri Feb 20 22:48:20 UTC 2009

M. Harito Reisman wrote:

> Another issue that I have and don't know how to go about and think is
> very essential is: how can the plone.net site get a re-vamp? The
> concept is great and I think it works fantastic to support promoting
> Plone, but the look of the site seems so outdated. Is there anyone
> "kind of responsible" whom I could help with getting it re-done? Who
> would make such decisions in the plone community?

Hi Harito!

Plone.net is a project of the Plone Foundation itself... I'm currently
serving as the 'project manager' for Plone.net; the team at Systems in
Paris is responsible for the hosting and codebase.  (They actually just
moved the site to its new servers!)

We are indeed planning a long-overdue revamp of the look-and-feel of
Plone.net this year.  It will be based on the great design work that the
team at Netsight has done for new.plone.org and thus will unify the look
of Plone.org and Plone.net.  (Woohoo!)  We're going to wait for
new.plone.org to launch (hopefully in the next month or so)  and then
start in on Plone.net work.

I've not yet thought in much detail about what kinds of help will be
needed.  I think the basic "look and feel" is pretty solid, but we'll
probably need to adapt the generic new.plone.org look for Plone.net.
There will definitely be some theme development work to do... I expect
that we'll probably use Deliverance for that, since that is what
new.plone.org is doing.   Plone.net is currently a Plone 2.5 site, and
it needs to be updated to Plone 3.x -- there's been some preliminary
work towards that but I'm sure more hands would be helpful.

Plone.net related issues are discussed at
http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plonenet, please join us there!

best,
jon