[Evangelism] Plone Awards Drawing Board at openplans.org

Matt Fisher matt at mattfisherstudio.com
Thu Feb 19 16:49:01 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I've put together a drawing board in the Plone Marketing openplans.org
project to start to flesh out ideas related to the Plone Awards,
including exactly how many Jewels Of Fantasy Mystical Unicorn
Figurines we'd need to buy. :)

The page is here:
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/drawing-board

When I have a little time, I'll plug in my own 2 cents and summarize
the discussion so far from this list into the outline I put there.
Please feel free to add any thoughts  you've got to that page or this
thread.

Matt

**

Plone Awards Drawing Board

This page serves as a brainstorming & critique area for fleshing out
topics related to what will hopefully be an annual Plone community
awards process. I'll outline what I think are some headings and add
some thoughts, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't add/critique
where you think appropriate. Also, I'll take the liberty of
summarizing or pasting from the Plone Evangelism list for the benefit
of the folks who don't subscribe there or don't want to dig through
the threads.

At the bottom of this page, you'll see a team volunteers section.  If
you'd like be informed of online meetups to discuss and plan, please
add your name to the list.  If you can't figure out how to do that,
please email me and let me know you're interested in getting behind
the scenes (no obligation to do heavy lifting implied). -Matt

Plone Awards Ideas

Why?
Purpose
(i.e. Why do this?)
Values and standards
(or, say to yourself "I'd would give others totally free reign to do
this as long as they...")
Vision/Outcome
(what concretely does a wildly successful awards process look like, in
terms of features, aspects and qualities?)

How?
Name & prizes
Submitting applications for award
Reviewing applications/submissions
Categories
Standards for awards by category
PR activities & timeline
Overall timeline
Requested collaboration from other Plone teams

Brainstorm list
(feel free to add any idea in any area to the list below)

Team volunteers
Matt Fisher, matt AT mattfisherstudio DOT com