[Evangelism] Govt Tender and JCR standard

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 09:57:57 UTC 2009

Hi All,
   I've got a govt tender in front of me which is mandating:

1. Portal supporting full JSR 170 and a roadmap to support JSR 283
Content Repository API
2. WCM supporting JSR 168 and JSR 286.

Which effectively mandates a Java solution. One other company has
asked 'Will you still consider a CMS solution which is not Java
based?' to which their (rather lame) reply was 'We have an open mind
and will consider all responses equally'.

Has anyone here managed to come up with a good bit of text which
suitably answers their question? Something along the lines of 'Plone
does not support JSR standards as it is not a Java CMS, but we do
support equivalent standards such as....'?

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk