Re: [Evangelism] Strategy focus decisions - Plone-the-product vs. Plone-the-platform – Discovering a blog entry by Paul Everitt from 2008

Ken Wasetis [Contextual Corp.] ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
Tue Dec 1 18:16:37 UTC 2009

Nate,

This is great to see we're headed in the right direction, but I think
the fact I am saying that, says we're not there yet and is why Plone
isn't looked at as 'Enterprise' just yet.

Nice job on the post, Sally.  Actually, I had seen it recently, but
couldn't recall who/where it was posted, sorry.  When I was at CMS Expo
last Spring, I saw an Alfresco presentation on CMIS and their
integration with Drupal or Joomla as a front-end.  That was the first I
had seen a CMIS presentation in the open source world.  Was obvious
Alfresco gets how to target Enterprise and being a Sharepoint
replacement for the non-MS crowd and/or pro-Java or pro-anything else crowd.

Great to see these developments, though!  See you tonight at Gilbane?

Ken