Re: [Evangelism] Strategy focus decisions - Plone-the-product vs. Plone-the-platform – Discovering a blog entry by Paul Everitt from 2008

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Tue Dec 1 17:57:04 UTC 2009

> b) CMIS:
>  http://www.optaros.com/blogs/alfresco-drupal-cmis-integration-available

Did you see Sally's blog post on CMIS and Plone?
http://blog.jazkarta.com/2009/10/27/plone-web-services-what-about-cmis/

> 5) Terabyte storage solutions.  Documentum and their DMS-based ilk have
> handled this for years.  How many large-scale storage Plone case studies are
> there on plone.net?  Many a time, Plone integrators can't discuss the few
> successes that may exist here.  Hopefully, this story improves with BLOB
> storage in Plone 4.

Sasha recently wrote a blog post about large repositories of data
being served up from Plone using plone.app.blob.
http://valentinewebsystems.com/en/blog/plone-powers-50gb-of-environmental-data

We're currently working on a project to build a digital asset
management system using Plone, which will be serving terabytes of
data.

Nate