[Evangelism] Google Invests US$ 90,000 in Drupal

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 17:01:27 UTC 2009

On 24 Apr 2009, at 17:12, Calvin Hendryx-Parker wrote:

> Plone got 7 students compared to 18 for Drupal  :-(
>
> Did we not have many applications?

We had 16 applications, total.  Drupal had 73.  That means we're
getting a much higher percentage of slots funded, I was very surprised
to get 7 slots, as that's what I asked for, I was expecting that to
drop down to 4/5.

7 is pretty much at our limit for mentoring at the moment, we don't
have enough people to mentor more, we don't have the visibility to
university students, etc.

I'm very happy with what we've got, although I'd love us to be a
bigger presence in summer of code we can't do that without more,
better proposals, and more people willing to mentor.

Matt