[Evangelism] Re: Re: "Top 15 Questions..." Final Draft

Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
Wed Apr 15 12:45:00 UTC 2009

Hi Dylan,

This new draft is the results of many discussions and edits. It is
important that the majority of people in the Community feel
comfortable with it.

Some of your concerns have been addressed in that we are now
positioning Plone as an "enterprise quality CMS". However we don't
feel that Plone is a real DMS and don't think we should position it as
one in light of the superiority of other products in that field.
However, we did mention that "Plone is a true CMS with built-in
publication workflow and document management features" in question #8.

Furthermore, the description of Plone as being an application that is
easy to use has been better expressed in this new statement: "is easy
for developers to download and install, and easy for end-users to use."

While these are general guidelines we encourage the Community to
follow, they should not prevent you from adapting the general message
to better fit your sales pitch to a specific client. We just can't
make the exception the rules for everyone.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Thank you,
Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
CEO
--
S i x  F e e t  U p ,  I n c .  |  http://www.sixfeetup.com
Phone: +1 (317) 861-5948 x601
gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
ANNOUNCING the first Plone Immersive Training Experience | Sept.
10-11-12, 2009
http://www.sixfeetup.com/immerse