[Evangelism] Re: Re: "Top 15 Questions..." Final Draft

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Apr 15 03:28:30 UTC 2009

Gabrielle, I'm a little confused, can I go in and edit this part
directly even if its a bit of a departure from what was there
originally?

see my comments below

On 14/04/2009, at 4:32 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:51:19 +0200, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com>
> wrote:
>
>> IMHO we're much better selling plone on it's enterprise grade
>> power. The fact thats its both a web CMS and document management
>> system. And set the expectation that Plone being Enterprise grade
>> combined with consultants produces a fantastic fit to your business
>> needs.
>
> These are all good points, and do not contradict the other parts of
> the story.

you are right but the point I was making was that when we sing Plone's
praises perhaps we pick just our key differentiator for our audience
so that our message has more impact. I don't think easy to install is
a key differentiator.
Since its pretty unclear who the audience for these questions is, that
makes it hard. Is this aimed at getting developers to take on plone as
a tool or at organisation decision makers looking for a solution.

--
Plone the community open source enterprise content management system.
It's power comes from it's unique combination of content management,

Plone is among the top 2% of all open source projects worldwide, with
200 core developers and over 300 solution providers in more than 50
countries.

Plone has been actively developed since 2001, is available in more
than 40 languages, and has the best security track record of any major
CMS.

Plone's codebase and intellectual property is owned by the Plone
Foundation, which is a non-profit organization where donations are tax-
deductible (at least in the US).
--

It's a bit clumsy and could be cut down but I think it has more impact
yeah?