[Evangelism] Re: Re: "Top 15 Questions..." Final Draft

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Tue Apr 14 06:56:45 UTC 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 2:32 AM, Alexander Limi wrote:

>> No  one expects SAP to be easy to install do they?
>
> The thing is, Plone *is* easy to install, and you get a very
> sophisticated setup even when using the base installers. It's just a
> bit challenging to develop for at the moment, something that we're
> working hard on fixing.

I agree, Plone is very easy to install.  For those that doubt it I put
together a posting tonight that outlines an advanced install (and is
cross platform friendly):

http://immersive-training.net/event-updates/blog/2009/4/13/when-the-plone-installer-isn-t-enough

I hope this can help people realize that even if they need more power
than what the OOTB installer gives them, it doesn't have to complicate
things.  Tools like ZopeSkel make sure that you are always using best
practices and keeps the experience the same no matter what platform
you are working with.  I even tested this on windows to be sure it
really worked like it does on my Mac OS X box.

Cheers,
Calvin

--
S i x  F e e t  U p ,  I n c .  |  http://www.sixfeetup.com
Phone: +1 (317) 861-5948 x602
calvin at sixfeetup.com
ANNOUNCING the first Plone Immersive Training Experience | Sept.
10-11-12, 2009
http://sixfeetup.com/immerse