[Evangelism] Re: Re: "Top 15 Questions..." Final Draft

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Apr 14 06:32:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:51:19 +0200, Dylan Jay
<djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:

> IMHO we're much better selling plone on it's enterprise grade power. The
> fact thats its both a web CMS and document management system. And set
> the expectation that Plone being Enterprise grade combined with
> consultants produces a fantastic fit to your business needs.

These are all good points, and do not contradict the other parts of the
story.

> No  one expects SAP to be easy to install do they?

The thing is, Plone *is* easy to install, and you get a very sophisticated
setup even when using the base installers. It's just a bit challenging to
develop for at the moment, something that we're working hard on fixing.

SAP is hard to install *and* hard to develop for. Or maybe just expensive,
depending on how you look at it. ;)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net