[Evangelism] Plone vs Drupal Security

Karl Horak KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 3 19:24:58 UTC 2009

There has been a Twitter exchange between David Straus and Alexander that has escalated onto Straus's blog  regarding the relative security merits of Drupal and Plone.

In my last comment I seem to have hit a nerve because David replied, "Does Plone even have a system for reporting vulnerabilities in modular, community-maintained code?"  While I'm aware of Plone's bug tracking system and security-at-plone.org, I'm not actively involved with security issues as a core developer or an add-on product developer.  I thought I'd turn to the community for a reasoned reply to him.  Would someone kindly hop over to http://fourkitchens.com/blog/2009/04/03/vulnerability-reports-are-not-indications-weakness  and set the record straight?

Thanks in advance