[Evangelism] Re: [Plone-developers] Further call for help with WPD Logo

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Sep 25 16:56:55 UTC 2008

On 9/24/2008 3:52 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker wrote:
>> Hey Jon:
>>
>> While I totally agree with the idea behind the branding decision (hey
>> I have a marketing degree and worked with big brands myself), I am a
>> bit confused with the notion of a "modified version" of the Plone logo
>> considering the fact that the official Plone Conference logo (see
>> attached) is using a modified version of the Plone logo.
>
> I suspect they're granted dispensation. :)

I suspect you are right. And I suspect anybody can ask for it.

 From the quoted http://plone.org/foundation/committees/ip/policy

"If in doubt, contact the IP committee about your proposed logo usage."

where "contact the IP committee" is linked to:

http://plone.org/foundation/committees/ip/info/

with an email address of:

ip-committee at lists.plone.org

I suspect that committee might be rather non-operational at the moment,
however. It might be more productive to ask the PF board. And I also
suspect that the special dispensation at least some of the modified uses
of the logo I've seen recently have been by simple fiat.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530