[Evangelism] Re: Further call for help with WPD Logo

Roberto Allende rover at menttes.com
Wed Sep 24 15:20:40 UTC 2008

Jon Stahl escribió:
> Tim-
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that Foundation explicitly discourages
> "logo derivatives" (e.g. modified versions of the Plone logo) -- our
> marketing experts tell us that logo derivatives, over time, diminish the
> impact, recognizability and value of the Plone brand identity.
> (http://plone.org/about/logo)
>
> WPD is an awesome concept, and we all really appreciate the great work
> that you, Roberto, and all the WPD organizers are doing, but it should
> be promoted with either an unmodified version of the Plone logo (e.g.
> the logo plus "World Plone Day" text) or a logo that doesn't include
> Plone's logo at all.
>
> I know this probably seems a bit counterintuitive (heck I find it a bit
> counterintuitive myself), but I have a lot of confidence in the wisdom
> of the folks who've advised on branding.

Thank you very much Jon, and thank you for the patience and to explain
this.   Part of the WPD is to learn explicit and implicit conventions
rules in the promotion of Plone, and the use of the logo is a very
important one. If you find other point that wpd shouldn't follow, please
don't hesitate to let us know.

Tim, i agree with Jon and i suggest to modify the proposal to follow
http://plone.org/about/logo also, if there are any other proposal on the
way, please keep in mind this too.

Kind Regards
r.