[Evangelism] Re: [Plone-developers] Further call for help with WPD Logo

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Wed Sep 24 14:50:40 UTC 2008

Tim-

One thing to keep in mind is that Foundation explicitly discourages
"logo derivatives" (e.g. modified versions of the Plone logo) -- our
marketing experts tell us that logo derivatives, over time, diminish the
impact, recognizability and value of the Plone brand identity.
(http://plone.org/about/logo)

WPD is an awesome concept, and we all really appreciate the great work
that you, Roberto, and all the WPD organizers are doing, but it should
be promoted with either an unmodified version of the Plone logo (e.g.
the logo plus "World Plone Day" text) or a logo that doesn't include
Plone's logo at all.

I know this probably seems a bit counterintuitive (heck I find it a bit
counterintuitive myself), but I have a lot of confidence in the wisdom
of the folks who've advised on branding.

best,
jon