[Evangelism] Plone and QUALOSS - QUALity in Open Source Software

Xavier Heymans xavier at zeapartners.org
Fri Oct 31 15:05:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

Zea Partners is involved in Qualoss and Flossmetrics. We also have
established a close collaboration with other EU research projects.

Very soon, Plone going to be added to projects analyzed by Flossmetrics:
http://fm3.libresoft.es/retrieval_system

So far, it has been very difficult to establish a link with the OS
Community on these topics. In 2009, I would like to organize a
validation workshop that would involve researchers (who would present
the data they can extract from the Plone/Zope repositories) and
community experts to be found (that could provide feedback on the
quality and interpretation of the data extracted. Before this, I
would like to know if we could find some "quality leaders" within the
Plone and Zope community that could become technical contact points
to provide feedback to the researchers.

All the best,

Xavier

More
-------
A number of articles related to EU activities are published here:
www.zeapartners.org/eu

Among the articles presenting awards:
http://www.zeapartners.org/awards/en

you will find:
Plone: Best IST research project website
http://www.zeapartners.org/awards/en/best-ist-project-website-award

On 31 Oct 2008, at 10:22, Graham Perrin wrote:

> <http://planet.plone.org/> led me to yesterday's Zea Partners article:
>
>> EU Research investigates the Quality and Socioeconomic aspects of
>> Free
>> Libre Open Source Software
>
> The thirty-month QUALOSS project is scheduled to end around March
> 2009.
We are currently negotiating an extension of 6 to 9 months.