[Evangelism] WPD Web2.0 Champion needed

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Wed Oct 29 02:14:45 UTC 2008

> I can help with this.

great!  if you hadn't volunteered, i was going to volunteer you anyways. ;)

> write a blog post which will appear on Planet Plone outlining a list of ways
> people can help spread the word.
>
> post to FB profile

don't forget to post to the Plone group on LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2300

Also, event listing sites such as Eventful.com, Upcoming.org and
Zvents.com. You can use http://gigblastr.com to bulk post events to
the first two, Twitter, and we're working on Facebook posting.

> follow my own advice in 1)
> I can post to Digg, have never posted to Slashdot
>
> Does Plone have a fan page in Facebook? I can't seem to figure out how to
> search for one.

It wasn't easy to find. The only way I could locate it was by browsing.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2247154032

> Nate, don't you have a list of media contacts? Does anyone have connections
> with prominent bloggers? Maybe we can try blogs like TechCrunch.

I met Michael Arrington once but I don't think he remembers me. I know
Chris Brogan and could see if he wouldn't mind plugging it on his blog
and/or twitter network.

> Does anyone have a detailed listing of all the things we should do?

No, but this is a great opportunity to make one up. :)  I'm cc'ing
MrTopf as he has blogged about how to promote Plone the "Web 2.0" way
and even given a talk about it.
http://dev.comlounge.net/conference/my-presentation-at-the-plone-conference-2007/

Nate