[Evangelism] Re: WPD charity site

Dylan Jay gmane at dylanjay.com
Wed Oct 29 00:34:36 UTC 2008

Roberto Allende wrote:
> Dylan Jay escribió:
>> If organisations are looking for an idea to promote plone, I've
>> suggested the following several users groups who are looking at doing
>> this.
>>
>> The idea is to pick a local charity and make them a website for free
>> in 24hours. Put out press releases about how they are getting an
>> enterprise grade system thats easy to update etc, etc and makes it
>> easy to create powerful sites.
>> It could be done in a public location so reporters and others can
>> monitor progress and ask questions, and alsp perhaps streamed live on
>> ustream.
>>
>> Media stunts like this can be very effective for getting the word out
>> that plone is good value, powerful and is very popular.
>
> Dylan
>
> Excelent idea. My suggestion: just do it. IMHO the best way to convince
> other people is focusing on achieving the goals locally. Once you have
> them, just share (communicate) your experience and results many people
> will follow.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone. Just in case anyone was stuck for
ideas. We're overcommitted already launching australias first open
source business cluster to press conference on world plone day. as part
of which we push world plone day and how it represents the popularity
and diverse nature of plone and hense open source.