[Evangelism] Plone wins 2008 Best Other Open Source CMS Award

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Tue Oct 28 15:16:17 UTC 2008

It was just announced today that Plone won the "Best Other Open Source CMS
Award" from Packt Publishing. We should incorporate this into our WPD
slidedeck, since it's breaking news and recognition of Plone as a popular
CMS. "Other" in this case refers to it being non-PHP. ;)
http://www.packtpub.com/article/2008-best-other-open-source-cms-winner-revealed

> > The four judges and the public vote put Plone ahead of dotCMS,
DotNetNuke,
> > Umbraco and mojoPortal in the category that is eligible for non
PHP/MySQL
> > Content Management Systems. This Award comes with a $2,000 donation from
> > Packt Publishing.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Plone and helped us win this award!

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution
http://jazkarta.com/products/pondcms