[Evangelism] Re: Plone statistics

David Sapiro - Pilot Systems david at pilotsystems.net
Wed Oct 22 00:57:36 UTC 2008

Hi Matt,

Le 21 oct. 08 à 10:32, Matt Hamilton a écrit :

> On 21 Oct 2008, at 05:03, JoAnna Springsteen wrote:
>
>>> Who would like to volunteer to make these calls to validate the
>>> numbers? At the marketing session at the sprint, we also discussed
>>> asking Plone vendors also if they would be willing to be the press
>>> contact for their particular country/region/language. So we could
>>> kill
>>> two birds with one stone when making these phone calls.
>>
>> I could take this on. Lets just figure out exactly what info we need
>> and I can make the calls. Coming up with a script seems cheesy but
>> it'd be easier if we make sure we ask the same exact questions and
>> can
>> record data accordingly.
>

> [been out of office yesterday, will respond to other emails today
> on this]
>
> I was chatting to David Shaipro @Pilot at the conference about
> getting further info from what is on plone.net and yes we thought
> phone calls would be the best way to validate the info.  There are
> ~200 companies on plone.net.  Would also be a good chance to plug
> the plone.net sponsorship plan too.  So maybe we wait until they
> are in place.  Between us 200 people would not be too much of an
> issue.  David's company have French and German covered, we can do
> English, and if we can get someone to do Spanish then I think that
> would probabaly cover the vast majority of the list.

I confirm Jérémie will do the job for French and German-speaking
companies. Jérémie, let's talk about this buthe end of week.

For Spanish, I cc Roberto :) Any time for that Roberto?

> Just at the end of the sprint we setup an openplans project to co-
> ordinate this.  It is a private group, mainly as we might be
> discussing sensitive information on here.
>
> http://www.openplans.org/projects/plonecensus

This is a place to work between us, and yes, the results will be sent
to the PF in order to have sponsorship information, then a report
will be published on either Jon's blog or an Open Plans page, don't
worry :)

Dave