[Evangelism] RE: Plone statistics

Horak, Karl KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 21 18:55:22 UTC 2008

Its great to see so much activity on the evangelism list recently.  Excellent ideas are popping up every day.

> Re:  Plone statistics thread at http://groups.google.com/group/plone-users/browse_thread/thread/efbf35c618f02135/b0f733b1efd846e2?lnk=gst#b0f733b1efd846e2.

I'll take it as an action item to go back through the event archives at Plone.org and count the various sprints, symposia, conferences, users group meetings, etc.  Once they're all pulled into one table, we can ask the Old Guard to estimate attendance figures.  Jon has already said that Seattle and Naples ran at 350--I heard 310 at DC.

I've set it up as a Google Apps spreadsheet at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=py-ZRibpWMZUYA8zTyMUlag&hl=en.  I'll upload an Open Docs version to OpenPlans tonight.

> Re:  Would you be willing to be the team leader for the "Metrics and Statistics" marketing working group?

Sign me up (I think you already did :-))

> Re:  Drupal indicators blog.

I saw a msg thread about a blog that pulled a number of graphs together for the Drupal community.  I've done approximately the same for Plone at http://plonemetrics.blogspot.com/2008/10/plone-indicators.html.  Take these with a grain of salt, since web stats can be deceiving.

Enjoy!