[Evangelism] RE: Plone marketing- WPD2008 Slide Deck

Dylan Jay dylan at dylanjay.com
Tue Oct 21 05:00:21 UTC 2008

OSS is about value for money not being cheap or free. Which sounds better to
you? I think OSS has suffered a lot by people pushing the line of customers
saving money. It's built into our brains that there is always a trade-off if
we go cheap.
Also most organisations have budgets. They want to get the best deal for
those budgets not try a have money left over.
For this reason I think it's an excellent idea to have both at 50k. Leave it
to the reader to figure out that if they better more for their $50k than
proprietary then they have more flexibility if they want get rid of things
to make it fit a smaller budget.