[Evangelism] Re: Plone statistics

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 08:32:09 UTC 2008

On 21 Oct 2008, at 05:03, JoAnna Springsteen wrote:

>> Who would like to volunteer to make these calls to validate the
>> numbers? At the marketing session at the sprint, we also discussed
>> asking Plone vendors also if they would be willing to be the press
>> contact for their particular country/region/language. So we could
>> kill
>> two birds with one stone when making these phone calls.
>
> I could take this on. Lets just figure out exactly what info we need
> and I can make the calls. Coming up with a script seems cheesy but
> it'd be easier if we make sure we ask the same exact questions and can
> record data accordingly.

[been out of office yesterday, will respond to other emails today on
this]

I was chatting to David Shaipro @Pilot at the conference about getting
further info from what is on plone.net and yes we thought phone calls
would be the best way to validate the info.  There are ~200 companies
on plone.net.  Would also be a good chance to plug the plone.net
sponsorship plan too.  So maybe we wait until they are in place.
Between us 200 people would not be too much of an issue.  David's
company have French and German covered, we can do English, and if we
can get someone to do Spanish then I think that would probabaly cover
the vast majority of the list.

Just at the end of the sprint we setup an openplans project to co-
ordinate this.  It is a private group, mainly as we might be
discussing sensitive information on here.

http://www.openplans.org/projects/plonecensus

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk