[Evangelism] Millions of Free Ads For World Plone Day

tonyoconnell tony at one.ie
Tue Oct 21 06:02:31 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been running a few marketing campaigns in Facebook and came across a
promotion from Visa that gives  $100 free advertising credit if you sign up
to their network http://apps.facebook.com/visabusiness .  Advertising on FB
is dirt cheap, as low as $0.10 per CPM which means $100 buys up to 1,000,000
impressions. You can also advertise using CPC.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe some people would be interested in setting
up a free account and running a campaign to promote WPD. It costs nothing,
takes just a few minutes, however you do need a credit card number to setup
a Facebook advertising account. Your card won't be billed though, unless you
spend more than $100 but you can set a daily spending limit so this isn't a
problem.

That's my idea. I have some credit left in my account which I'd be happy to
donate to the campaign, if it goes ahead.

Best wishes,

Tony O'Connell
--
Managing Director
Network One

P.S. I didn't get the credit automatically. I had to contact FB and ask them
why they didn't sent it to me. Then they sent the coupon and an email saying
they hadn't sent it earlier because I hadn't filled in my profile (but I
had).