[Evangelism] Plone swag

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Fri Oct 17 22:47:14 UTC 2008

--
Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com

On Oct 17, 2008, at 4:47 AM, Xavier Heymans <xavier at zeapartners.org>
wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2008, at 23:41, Nate Aune wrote:
>

>> Chris - could we set up a PloneGetPaid shop at shop.plone.org to sell
>> this stuff?  All proceeds could go to the Plone foundation which
>> could
>> then be used to spend on marketing efforts.
>
> A few points:
>
> The "Plone Shop" should be done under the name of the Foundation and
> the benefits go to the Foundation.

Agreed. Although to encourage interesting t-shirt designs we might
want to offer some sort of compensation to the best designs that
ultimately end up being sold on the shop.

> In the past, I didn't promote the "Cafepress" Plone items because it
> was unclear who would benefit from the sales.

Yes, it was not clear and this needs to be remedied.

> All this work can be outsourced. It may be interesting to
> investigate what other Foundations or Communities are doing. For
> example, Ubuntu has an efficient system:
> https://shop.canonical.com/
> In the past Ubuntu was using Cafe Express. There may be alternatives.

I think Gabrielle might be a good person to investigate the options
because she has already successfully produced a lot of high quality
swag.

> Do they ship at low expenses in Europe, US and World?

That would definitely be one of the criteria in choosing a partner.

> I would like to know more about this, and evaluate the costs/
> requirements to include some PloneGov products in the store.

Yes, good idea to have PloneGov swag as well.

Nate