[Evangelism] Plone swag

Xavier Heymans xavier at zeapartners.org
Fri Oct 17 08:47:49 UTC 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 23:41, Nate Aune wrote:

> Chris - could we set up a PloneGetPaid shop at shop.plone.org to sell
> this stuff?  All proceeds could go to the Plone foundation which could
> then be used to spend on marketing efforts.

A few points:

The "Plone Shop" should be done under the name of the Foundation and
the benefits go to the Foundation.

In the past, I didn't promote the "Cafepress" Plone items because it
was unclear who would benefit from the sales.

All this work can be outsourced. It may be interesting to investigate
what other Foundations or Communities are doing. For example, Ubuntu
has an efficient system:
https://shop.canonical.com/
In the past Ubuntu was using Cafe Express. There may be alternatives.

Do they ship at low expenses in Europe, US and World?

I would like to know more about this, and evaluate the costs/
requirements to include some PloneGov products in the store.

Xavier