[Evangelism] Plone swag

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Tue Oct 14 21:41:58 UTC 2008

If you were at the Plone conference last week you probably noticed the
awesome swag that Sixfeetup was giving away:
- Plone bumper stickers
- Plone logo stickers
- Buildout Quick Reference Cards
- Plone bottle openers
Buy them at http://sixfeetup.com/swag and Sixfeetup will donate 50% to
the Plone Foundation.

I think we should set up a shop.plone.org site where people could buy
Plone t-shirts and other stuff to show their support for Plone. I know
Gabrielle (from Sixfeetup) is also keen to do this. Jonah Bossewitch
(cc'ed) set up a Cafepress store a couple years ago
(http://www.cafepress.com/plonestore) but these products are using the
old logo and there's been some question as to the quality of the
merchandise sold on Cafepress.

Look at what other open source CMSes are doing:
http://shop.joomla.org/
http://drupal.org/node/15101

Chris - could we set up a PloneGetPaid shop at shop.plone.org to sell
this stuff?  All proceeds could go to the Plone foundation which could
then be used to spend on marketing efforts.

Let me know who else is interested in this idea. And add your name to
this wiki page:
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/plone-swag

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com