[Evangelism] demo.plone.org

David Sapiro - Pilot Systems david at pilotsystems.net
Tue Oct 14 08:30:15 UTC 2008

Hi Nate,

We created already 17.000 sites on objectis.org, 5.000 are still
active Plone sites.

Objectis is used to create demo sites by people. Because it's limited
in many ways :

1. total site size (10 Mb)
2. max size of one size is 1 Mb
3. no file system access
4. limited list of products

Right now, you need to explain your need on http://
myplone.objectis.org/ and is the demand is accepted, then you get a
validation code that is valid to create from 1 to n sites on
objectis.org.

If you think we can work something out of this existing architecture,
this will be cool.

Cheers,

Dave

PS : we're working on the EC2 to see if this can save us cost, it
will double or triple or infrastructure cost to move to EC2, so we're
not doing it at the moment. All the Objectis infra is paravirtualized
using Xen on 64 bits Intel Debian.

PPS : I think cross-posting is bad, Nate :)