[Evangelism] Re: Marketing Sprint

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Mon Oct 13 22:59:29 UTC 2008

Hi Roberto,

I'm in full agreement with you about sending out press releases every
time a major version of Plone is released. I would also suggest sending
out press releases every time there is a major conference or symposium.

We also discussed inviting journalists to come to the conferences (why
weren't there any at this year's conference?) and making it easy for
journalists to write stories about Plone. This could mean making a
plone.org/press area with press contact persons, logos, photos and
elevator pitches / soundbites that journalists could use to construct a
story about Plone.

Very interesting to hear your comments about partner networks. I suspect
that this will be hard for the Plone Foundation to do, since these
networks are typically set up to work with a commercial vendor, not with
a non-profit foundation. I think it's more likely that individual Plone
vendors could join for example the Redhat network.

Nate