[Evangelism] World Plone Day 2008

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Thu Nov 27 18:12:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Karl Horak <KEHORAK at sandia.gov> wrote:

> >From the results piling in at
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=py-ZRibpWMZXMgI9P-XXweg&hl=en, it
> looks like 835 attendees were reported at 33 venues.  Extrapolating to the
> 60 pre-registered venues, we may have had over 1500 attendees world-wide.
> Brasilia, Brazil is still top of the chart with 128 attendees.

I'll be sending out an email to all the WPD organizers who have not yet
filled out the form at
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=py-ZRibpWMZXMgI9P-XXweg

For future WPD data collection, we might want to provide a form similar to
what was requested after the Software Freedom Day event.
http://cgi.softwarefreedomday.org/event_report.html

We could also make a "planet" page that aggregates all blog posts about the
WPD. I think someone already tried to make something like this with Yahoo
Pipes.
See the Software Freedom Day planet page:
http://planet.softwarefreedomday.org/

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution
http://jazkarta.com/products/pondcms