[Evangelism] Lessons learned from the first World Plone Day

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Sun Nov 9 16:01:29 UTC 2008

--
Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com

On Nov 9, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Karl Horak <KEHORAK at sandia.gov> wrote:

> Donna,
>
> Consider connecting with computer science faculty at a local community
> college.  They often have free access to unscheduled facilities when
> the
> general public does not.  Partnering with faculty can also drive up
> interest
> with students.
>
> As an adjunct professor at the College of Santa Fe, I have free use
> of a
> mega-classroom (~125 seats) and four 20-seat computer labs, all with
> projection equipment.  CSF-Albuquerque focuses on evening and weekend
> classes, so daytime use is easily worked out.  Then again, I may be
> incredibly fortunate to have such a cool benefit from CSF.
>
> (BTW, look for an ABQ Sprint next year to take advantage of CSF
> space as
> well.)

Great! Maybe we could organize a marketing sprint?

> Also, some public libraries have available public meeting space for
> groups your size.

Yes, after several unsuccessful attempts to find space in Boston, we
found a library just around the corner which had a multipurpose room
that could seat 100. And it was free!

So definitely check with the libraries in your area as they often have
these facilities available for public use at no cost.

Nate