[Evangelism] Re: Operation Ditch Plone

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Nov 6 22:24:19 UTC 2008

On 11/5/2008 8:42 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
> I have edited the RFC to no longer denigrate Plone.

Thanks, Howard.

I'll continue to work with you offline about this. It's not about Plone
at this point. It's about community. MapServer needs a responsive
community. Putting up a community site doesn't build community. And you
have plenty of people. The new RFC says you have 3000 people on your
mailing list. The challenge is how to make 3000 contributors out of
them. Plone has been doing a pretty good job with this. Maybe there are
some ideas from that experience which would work for MapServer.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530